Wednesday 27 February 2008

Datum point lacking

I follow many blogs and most of them are written by people who live abroad, for example some in Dublin others in Sweden.
By reading them I learn their life story as immigrants, there is something that hurts them, they are lacking a steady friendship and in a few months they pass from one friend to another without making a long and stable friendship grow.
Probably it is due to the fact that they have lots of friends who are immigrants just like them and sooner or later they go back to their native country.
I think it's truly tough (and demeaning) to live this way. it seems like living without a datum point, without a friend with whom you hope to spend a big slice of your life along.
To integrate ourselves into another society which may be rather different from ours, isn't an easy task at all.

Sometimes you have to struggle to make people appreciate your origins, and you can live for a long time with the reasonable uncertainty of not being a part of them and maybe after a very long time you will be able to say I have a trusted friend; you're close to them.
There is a fact that surprise me, I heard someone say when you're in the United Kingdom it's quite simple to get in touch with the British for a night in front of a sparkling pint.
It takes just the night but the day after, the same people with whom you had sung and sat shoulder to shoulder, don't recognize you or say hello to you... it's unbearable !

Thanks to Zsofia and Nadia for correcting me

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Puntino...
holy words !!! :) It's difficult to be an immigrant but for me it's the only way to discover who I am and what I can do... and some things you can understand only in loneliness. (Sorry for my bad english).

Puntino said...

Hi Veredefoglia, first of all thank you for leaving a comment and you shouldn't apologize for your English !
(also my English is still in progress and sometimes I make some such a stupid mistakes that you can't even imagine)

I wrote this blog down after reading some posts about immigration on more than one blog (among them there was yours too).
Before I leave our country I need to understand what to be an immigrant means.

 

Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!