Sunday 8 March 2009

Where I live and around Rome

Dears

I spent my first weekend messing around in Rome, finally. Until last Friday every weekend turned to be a weekend warrior, once I needed to buy some things for my room, another I was back in Naples and so on .
Yesterday, I met an old friend of mine and together, we took in Rome. We walked for a long time, about 3 hours or more !!! but it was a pleasure and healthy, as well.. you know when you work as an engineer you spent your day in front of a PC, above all.
Our stroll started from Colosseo to Navona square and ended up in Circo Massimo.
I took some pictures during our walk, you can see them below...


Today, I explored my borough whose name is EUR. I still don't know its history, some colleagues told me that Mussolini was his founder, anyway it's a residential area with a lot of green that I didn't expect, definitely. But there are some businees building too, like the ENI's building.
I went to the "Laghetto" (small lake) in English. Actually it's not worth visiting, if you're a tourist don't come to see it.. or at most you can visit me, the latter it's worth doing :)
The Laghetto was particulary over croweded, I suppose because it was a spring day and at the same time the "Woman day".
The "Woman day " as you can suggest it's a day dedicated to celebrate the woman in our country, I'm wondering there is such a celebration in other countries too ?
Let's pull off my writing about where I live with some pictures took near my house.

Laghetto


Laghetto

St.Paul church

No comments:

 

Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!