Monday 1 March 2010

My first PhD school

A new life, a new School...
When you are a PhD student you should (or better it is warmly advised ) to attend some PhD Schools. A PhD school is a school (of course!) that lasts, generally, one week and the students are all graduated.
During the week, several professors have a talk, seminar. For instance, in the morning you can attend a course and in the afternoon another one. A university hosts these series of events, but there are also professors and students coming from other universities, in this sense it seems a sound occasion to meet other researchers, explorer new ideas, discuss a topic of common interest and learn a lot.
I adore this jubilant spirit, I met people who are really concerned about what they do... great!
In these moments I feel satisfied and I'm enthusiast for the decision that I made.
Stay tuned :)
PS in July and in Sept I should attend other school, I'm looking forward to being there :)

2 comments:

Zax (Andrea) said...

good, it's very exciting for you. But i think that it would be usual (in a university) meet people really concerned about what they do ... do they ?

Puntino said...

ahaha Zax, at University it's more common to meet people that are by no mean concerned about their studies...

 

Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!