Monday 8 February 2010

Back with news

Hi readers and lurkers
How are you ? I haven' t posted a blog for a long time...
Well, maybe you were wondering what happened to me. In January I made an important decision, I wanted to go back to university and keep on studying, definitely.
Maybe you remember that after my studies, my mentor asked to me if I wanted to study at university as a PhD student. At that time I turned down his offer.
In this year, many things have changed in my life: new friends, new habits, the first salary
and so on. But I didn't feel satisfied with that way of life, I started to miss the university, the time dedicated to study books (and not manuals!), to cooperate and challenge myself in an international environment..
Then, I dedicated the entire Christmas holiday to study and prepare myself for the PhD competition in my native city (yes, now I'm back in Naples).
On Jan 18th I sat the first exam, one day after, the second exam.
The final result was that.... I have passed the exams and the university will support my studies
for three years with a student grant! (not so much, actually, but better than nothing!)
I will be living in Naples by next week. There are other news linked to this new challenge,
I'll tell you later

3 comments:

Zax (Andrea) said...

welcome back ! really, it's a good news about you, good job! we will stay tuned :-)

Unknown said...

Complimenti Domenico! Sono contento di sapere che sia ritornato all'universita'. E' da un lungo temp che non parliamo, mi sembra che ti vada bene la vita. spero di rivederti presto.

Selma said...

Wow! What a news Puntino!
Congratulations!
Welcome to the PHD students club!
:)

S.

 

Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!