Sunday 14 February 2010

First week after leaving Rome

This is my first week in Naples since I definitely left Rome.
I still do not know exactly what I'm supposed to do during my PhD, I'm going to meet m y advisor tomorrow and then I'll be able to tell you more.
I want to speak about some things that came into my mind during this week.

1) My friend M. I met her for the first time in Rome, we stroke up our friendship on that semi-virtual world called Facebook. She was one of the most kind people with whom I spent my time in Rome. Together we went visiting museums, doing shopping and so on. She literally introduced me to the "glamor of Rome". Like me she is exploring new options for her future, I wish her all the best.

2)Sinelli girls. These three girls (among them there is M.) were very kind and nice to me.
With them I got used to spending our English Sunday afternoon. We generally met at Pompi (the best pastry store in Rome, renowned for their yummy tiramisù) on Sunday at 6 pm.
It was just an excuse to get together and talk about how was our last week and plan something for the next one. I hope to meet all them soon. I'm going to miss you :(

3)My previous work. I've been on good terms with my boss. He was more than a chief.
He was always available to give you a sound and heartfelt advice, you could ask him suggestions about everything from "how to behave with clients" to "where to find a car battery seller". Someone you can trust.. really hard to find in this lousy world especially in the job market.

3)My colleagues: S., L., R. They were good guys with whom I shared the pains of our job, the crazy laugh (when we were under pressure) and some nights.
L. is an extraordinary girls, she adds a bit of joy and freshness that are necessary in a typical male office.
S. a good colleague. I reengineered with him entire piece of codes, compared solutions and had good dinners. He is a really good cook. It might be a viable solution to become a cook if you need a new job :)
R. I dedicated an entire post to you... there is no other word to say :)

4)Rome. It's a buzzing, lively city that can offer you a lot of things to do and see.
It's an international city that gradually is getting multinational. Some examples, when I took the subway I could hear people talking in English (American mostly), French, German and so on.... in Naples I can't have all that :(
Moreover I missed the snow! if you don't know yet, two days ago it was snowing in Rome, you must see the wonderful pictures of a white Rome. Awesome!

5)The other guys. Again thanks to M. I came across with many people, some Italians with whom I had nice night-party and have been in fashion places.
Some foreigners coming from France, Ireland, Turkey... fantastic I had a great time with all of them by talking about our countries, traditions.. who knows if I ever meet them again.

Stop listing. There is no time to regret.. the show must go on

6 comments:

Gattosolitario said...

Speriamo che tutto quello ti hanno promesso allora si mantenga durante il dottorato! Auguri comunque, sono contento per te : )

Fragola said...

Only "the nicest person u met in Rom" or "the nicest person I ever spent my time in my whole life"? ;)

Ing... do u mind if I touch u? :P

Fragola said...

ho saltato "with" alla fine della prima frase... :P:P

Puntino said...

@GattoSolitario
Keeping finger crossed
@Fragola
fly down ihihih

lulu said...

All you can say about me is that I bring "some freshness"??

Shame on you Dom4j, I'm waaaay more than "a boobies-healthy-carrier" è_é

TopGun said...

Cornutazzo che bel post.

Sinelli girls....fosse l'omocolo corrispondente di casa Gravino a Napoli?

 

Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!