Thursday 19 June 2008

A place where I desire to live

Sometimes my mind leaves my body and starts to imagine several things among them there is the place where I wish to live.
Are these the years to continue dreaming even if I'm next to pass my 25 years ? I don't know.. .
My place isn't only in my dream but it really exists. How should it be?
Overwhelmed by the nature, green in a multi ethnic and modest neighborhood, I don't mind having Chinese on one side of my house and Brazilians on the other. I want it to be near a subway by which I can get to the city centre within a few minutes. A city centre not such as the mine, always pollution, shouts in the air and people who hardly get by with their incomings. I'd like a quiet city in which you can live and not just survive.
Flower beds and their scent in the air, no rowdy speakers. Sometimes I close my eyes and I see it, it's hard to pin down this image. It seems Alice's world.
I can give you a touchable view of what I mean, it's name is Akalla in the peripheral area of Stockholm.
I don't know if it has every thing, every is like 'ogni' and goes with singular) that I pointed out, but I'm sure
that some of its facilities make it appealing, worth discovering and close to my imaginary place...

14 comments:

Raiha said...

Yet another descriptive touching piece. You must forgive me, but I had no idea that you were actually in Stockholm. It sounds very beautiful in Akalla where you live, close to the wonderful nature. You are very lucky. Where I live, there are always so many tourists, especially in Summer, that it drives me quite mad.

Puntino said...

No I don't live in Akalla, I wish i would live there but at the moment I'm in my native city Naples, Italy.
I visited Akalla one year ago during my summer holiday in Stockholm :)
bye

Anonymous said...

Well, I've never been there, but I guess it is not so different from where I live, which is a district on the way to the archipelago, 15 minutes from Slussen!
The only thing that I know is a joke about the blue line... in Stockholm they call it "Orient Express", because they a lot of immigrants live close to its subway stops... so, yes, it should be really multi-ethnical!

Puntino said...

It's funny the "Orient Express" !

TopGun said...

Nice post dude!

Hi Raiha.

We discovered Akalla just last summer.
We lived at Accome Hotel of Kinsta.
Akalla it's just the last stop o the T11 blue line.

For a Neapolitan, who live fully immersed in caos(but after all this is even a pecular side o my city), pollution, no green areas....the discover of Akalla, a place so close to Stockholm city center, was a big surprise!!!

And Akalla it's just one place we discovered during our short journey....
there are so many little corners in Stockholm where you can stay for a moment far from the crow.


E' Brav' a Puntino! mo che ti vedo ti devo scarocchiare per bene :p

p.s. what's the meaning of:

"people who hardly get by with their incomings"

I'm not able to translate it!

TopGun said...

* far from the crowd not crow :p

p.s. @Rob Oriente Express it's a funny description lol!!!

Raiha said...

Well, i must visit it sometime. It must have made quite an impression on you, if you can still describe it so clearly, after one year! Perhaps "people who hardly get by with their incomings" refers to people who find it difficult to live with their salaries (income)?

Puntino said...

Hy my buddies:)

@Top, Raiha gave you what I wanted to express with that sentence, thank you Raiha.

@Raiha, for me incomings = salaries.
I've learnt that word from an article.
Bye

TopGun said...

Thank you.
I tried to find it on wordreference, but the meaning was not clear.

Incoming means entrate in Italian.

Thank you again :)

Puntino said...

ok Top you're right

TopGun said...

As usual man! 8)

Anonymous said...

Vedo che hanno ripulito il cartello di benvenuti ;) quando ci sono stata io era scarabocchiato con uno spray azzurro... vandali anche in sacra terra svedese...
p.s. sorry for writing italian but I'm too tired to write a good english now...

Puntino said...

Hi Verdefoglia,

Nice to read your comment.
I don't whether or not is a recent picture, but it looks really nice.
When have you been there?
PS
Don't mind posting in English, feel to write as you wish.

TopGun said...

Hey Man why you don't used my pictuers of Akalla?

 

Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!