Thursday 12 June 2008

I would chose...

If I could chose in which years to live I would say the 80s. In my opinion, it was a very intense period of life.
It seemed that the world was got up with all its vitality, the younger discovered their rights, struggled for a better world, of course it still was a stark and tough period, not all changes brought positive and sane things.
I've been impressed from the black punch of Tommie Smith held on its own during the Olimpic games, a tangible sign of an underling repression.
I wish I would have his brave....
People against people, guys against adults, invisible walls broken down, hate, love there was all and its contrary. It was an earthquake that rocked the conventional daily life and like after all
earthquakes a reconstruction was needed. For me the best images which represent this period of th human beings come from the movie " Forset Gump"... my mind is flooded of snapshots from that movie.
Probably it's a personal desire of freedom sometimes I feel as if I was in a cage...
Someone could say it's better now because we have made progress, we have more powerful medicines, hi-tech stuff in all houses .. but we also have new illnesses, we face the global warming and so on... on the whole we haven't gotten so much.
That's the life, it's a circle

Thank to Zfosia for her corrections

6 comments:

Raiha said...

For the 80's? I don't know. I like your writing- very descriptive and almost makes me want to go back in time. Except for the terrible music and clothes! Ha :-)

Puntino said...

thank you very much for the "descriptive".
Yes the clothes were horrible!!
but even nowday they aren't so wonderful.
Bye

Raiha said...

You're welcome! I have just added you to my blogroll, i like your writing :-) it might just inspire me to start writing in Swedish!

Puntino said...

Thank you (how many compliments have we exchanged in these days? :)
But if you start to write in Swedish how can I understand you? :)

TopGun said...

Great post Man!
I'll comment you tomorrow. now I'm tierd and to use my "fluent" (LOL) English properly I have to be at the Top of my condition :p

See you soon.

Anonymous said...

Amazing years the 80s... I was a child at that time, but I remember all the colours and the vitality you talk about... I had Gianna Nannina as soundtrack, she was my mother's favourite singer!

 

Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!