Sunday 25 April 2010

How to present your Working package

Dear guys,
As I wrote in my former post, I attended two European meetings last weeks.
One of them gave me a preliminary idea on how to present your working package. Firstly, a kick off meeting is hold, mainly, because the partners need to present their working packages and duties. For the ones not aware of the structure of an European project, they are split into working package (WP).
Each WP represents a "work unit" that encompasses some tasks. The WP is presented by its leader. I prepared the slides for the working package in which was involved my university (but I didn't present it). After the meeting realized that I was neglect on some points. What I learnt and I wish to share with you is:
  • Kick off meeting is not only a presentation of your institution and the working package you're charged of.
  • Avoid presenting your working packages as a standalone piece, it has interactions with other WPs, find and highlight them.
  • Show the potential weak and toughest points, your partners and you might agree on a common strategy to sort them out.
  • Propose and discuss solutions, if you already have any in your mind.
I hope this helps, let me know if you have other suggestions.

No comments:

 

Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!