Sunday 25 April 2010

European meetings

Dear guys,
Last weeks I attended two weeks.The first meeting was two weeks ago in my city. The audience was heterogeneous, exponents coming from both academic and industrial world. The meeting lasted the entire days and several panelists had their talk, some of them were well known professors. This meeting was interesting because I gained a deeper insight about some scientific topics that I ignored or barely knew,

The second meeting held in Rome last Friday was more exciting and with a different focus. It was a kick off meeting that involved all the partners of a consortium.
This fruitful and amenable meeting helped me to understand how different European groups join and work. Indeed the participants were German, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, CECIc and... Hungarian :) and they have expertise on different subjects. To tell the true, a kick off meeting is not easy to chair. You have to keep things moving correctly since it's the first meeting you have to establish the roles of the partners. Moreover, these meetings are a viable opportunity to make new partnership,
exchange contacts and ideas. I personally managed to get in touch with two people who might cooperate in the future for some research activities :)

But the best part of any meeting is ... the lunch and coffee break!
You can't miss them.

3 comments:

Carin said...

You're really right about that! The bad part is that after a week with those lunches and coffeebreaks you need to go on a diet! =)

Puntino said...

hahah :) Fortunately I try to keep my body in shape (fit) by jogging at least once a week :P

Carin said...

I also try but I never manage! ;) But after this week in Hungary I have to!! =)

 

Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!