Sunday 12 April 2009

Lesson learnt

Dear guys,
Before leaving Rome for my Easter holiday my manager delegated to me the translation of project written in Italian into English.
It's going to be really challenging and helpful to improve my business English.
In order to have a good translation, I thought of studying some project management guides in English because it's much easier to get the proper words that match the Italian ones.
I suppose that this translation methodology makes much more sense than looking up in a vocabulary and get a translation. Anyway I have to be very careful because this project will be sent to our French board direction...
While reading the guide as I mentioned above, I've noticed an interesting section called "lesson learnt".
I think it expresses the idea of a continual improvement, the willingness to learn from the previous mistakes and results. As you can imagine this section is missing in my Italian documentation... upsetting !!
This lack shows how we manage our project and more generally our methodology !

3 comments:

Zax (Andrea) said...

to translate a project from italian to english !! it's a good opportunity ! good luck !

Andrea

Puntino said...

yes it was.
I learnt some business English words and enriched my vocabulary !
How are u ?

TopGun said...

Italy don't want to learn from previous mistakes.

you know.

 

Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!