Saturday 18 October 2008

Seiko's pen

When I was in London I met some guys and I stroke up a friendship that I hope will be lasting.
I've never spoke about and now I want to write some lines.
My classmates were mostly Asian people, Koreans, Japanese and with them I spent my time during the lessons, just once I went out with Nyungian to visit the Tate Modern.
Among them there was Seiko (Japanese) who is friendly and she laughed at me a lot of times. I always asked her to lend me her blue pen. I thought it was a special Japanese pen because of the Japanese characters signed on it. She, Seiko, said to me it's not Japanese you can buy it everywhere in London but I replied it's not true and I needed her special pen to do my exercise.
She, kindly, lent it to me but recommended to give her pen back. I always gave her the pen.. day to day we fought like cat and dog for this.
The last day Seiko said to me "I want to give you a present, it is my NOT Japanese pen as a sign of your friendship". I happily took it and I've been keeping it jealously .

In the afternoon I usually went out with my Spanish and Brazilian friends and we had a whale of a time. It was wonderful to wander London and mass around with them or simply to drink a pint of beer.
With the Spanish and Brazilian people I got in touch easily and immediately, it was almost normal to spend our free time together, perhaps it was due to the fact we were arrived all us alone or because we are sunny, shiny, share our history and we have the same behavior.
I still thank to God to let me know these people.
It was funny to speak to M. (Spanish friend) who always said to me "quick", "quick" while we were crossing the street or you're not a good photographer at all !! I'm missing these moments...

6 comments:

Zax (Andrea) said...

hi,

also in my school I knew many people from Korea, Japan, China, and 2 from Taiwan.
It's seem that schools in London are full of student from east, do you ?

Andrea

Zax (Andrea) said...

aggiungo ... ottima idea il blog in inglese, è un buon esercizio. Ma hai trovato qualcuno che te lo controlla ?
Io sono rimasto in contatto con 3 persone conosciute a Londra, e ci scriviamo in inglese (of course, una è bulgara, uno è tedesco, e una è giapponese) ... ma nelle nostre e-mail volano certi
'strafalcioni' :-)

Pazienza, si fa quel che si può ;-)

Andrea

Puntino said...

Dear Andrea or Zax :)

Nice to meet you.
You wrote:
knew many people from Korea, Japan, China, and 2 from Taiwan.

it's reasonable and expected in somehow. Indeed the economic growth and the process of freeing up their national market, persuade them to educate their people, make them able to speak in English fluently.

ttima idea il blog in inglese, è un buon esercizio.

Thank you very much. it's not just to write in English that's important but to respect some rules.
For instance, when I write a new post I strive to use the words and idioms that I already know without looking up in the dictionary, my personal rules is to find the translation (Italian->English) at most for two words per post.

Ma hai trovato qualcuno che te lo controlla ?

Most post have been correct by a pen pal of mine. It's a fair exchange, I correct her Italian and she corrects my English, now we're friends and it's really pleasant to email each other.

ma nelle nostre e-mail volano certi
'strafalcioni' :-)

Pazienza, si fa quel che si può ;-)

I can imagine, it's normal but if you carry on writing in English you'll see several improvements.
Thank you for leaving a comment.

Puntino said...

PS
In which School did you attend your English course ?

Anonymous said...

ehhhhh
I always hung out with Spanish people, everywhere in the world...

Zax (Andrea) said...

Wimbledon School of English

 

Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!