Wednesday 9 July 2008

An unfeasible future

I'm about to finish my studies, yet another a few days and the university will be a place which I will never deal with or.... not?
Some days ago, one of my mentors proposed to me to continue my studies as a PhD student at university. This has been one of the most important acknowledgments in my whole student career because I think a PhD is not offered to the first person someone meets. The professors bet and invest on you money, time and energy, you have a duty and to work very hard if you want to get in.
On one side there is an interesting opportunity and the possibility to keep studying things which you desire to focus on.
A friendly team where to grow as person and afford new challenges, on the other there is the great uncertain related to such a choice.
After the PhD there is no certainty about your future, you have to work harder and harder... mistakenly I wrote work the correct verb is struggle or fight !!!
In this country, the mine where the researchers are regarded as crazy people who do nothing worth noticing and with a meager salary this kind of choice requires a huge amount of endorsement !
I'm very confused. Moreover I don't know if I feel up this situation I've always seen the PhD students like a sort of genius, people very talented and skilled, it isn't my case.
Where am I going .. I'd like to know.

Thanks Zsofia for correcting me

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mai il dottorato in Italia, maiiiii. Non ti far fregare, vallo a fare fuori.

gattosolitario

Puntino said...

in Italy or in another country I don't fell up!
it isn't a the righ challange for me.

Anonymous said...

PhD students are genius, they are people with a big passion and, in Italy, with a lot of patience.
I agree with gatto, it's better to find something abroad, but if your university has good international contacts, it's also possible for you to start in Italy and then spend one year abroad (Stockholm, maybe ;-).
I don't know, the choise is hard... when my professor proposed it to me, I dind't accept, but that was for a lack of passion...

TopGun said...

IMHO...Master Degree in Sweden!!!
There are so many courses in English....

 

Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!