Sunday 1 February 2009

New prospective

These days are making me discover new prospective of life. I know I made a big change weeks ago, house moving, getting a job and so on...
But it's different what I feel now. I see my life like one sitting in front of an aquarium, I see what happen to me and how I react, it's hard to put it into written words. From this unusual point of view, I also see people who were compelled to move from their country and come here, they have a strong visible sign on their face like I have.
I can understand their efforts and feel much closer them to me, now. To open my mind there is Olga's speech.
Olga is one of my flatmates' girlfriend, she is from Ukraine, she works as a caregiver.
Today we spoke about being immigrants, living alone in a foreign country, her difficulties and challenges faced day by day.
Olga, smiling, says: "nobody is waiting for you, it's hard to gain people's trustiness but I never give up". Brave, happiness, pain, determination enveloped in a unique simple sentence.
Olga says: "My son wants to join me, I discourage him, here is not easy to get by and again I remark nobody is waiting for you, please I beg you stay in our country, I'll help you". Mother's love.
Olga says:"I try to shape up my Italian, when I come across a new word I look up in my dictionary and please correct me when I make a mistake". The immigrant willing to be part of the hosting society.
Olga says:"I have to work hard every day, but I also enjoy my life, even now that I'm talking to you". We have one life, fill it with all the possible experiences that you can live.
Olga carries on speaking and I learn from her.

2 comments:

TopGun said...

Smart post.
Cy you migrant worker.


p.s. I discovered a new Irish Pub in piazza Bernin.
Very good beer...

Zax (Andrea) said...

Olga speech !!!

really I like her

see you

Andrea

 

Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!