Wednesday 21 May 2008

The pronunciation that you like

When I speak in English, ops it's better to say when I barely speak in English I always focus my attention on the "stress" and pronunciation of words (despite this I make some horrible mistakes but this is another story..)
Anyway I've noticed that many words in English has two way of pronouncing, for instance the words "either", "schedule", "tomato" and so on.
For a while I got frustrated from this because I needed to learn the same words but with more pronunciations, it was quite stressing, sometimes I hardly remember the word !!
I made my decision when I come across words that have more than one way of speaking I'll choose the easiest and who cares if it can be a reason for making fuss in my future like George and Ira Gershwin sung in their "Let's Call the Whole Thing Off""!!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't get frustrated, it's not worth to... just learn one way, and that's enough!
Here something you should do instead: work on your accent... it's not funny to hear from an English mothertongue: "You are Italian, aren't you?" ;-)

Puntino said...

Rob you're right !!
It is not easy to put the accent correctly because of my thick italian accent :)

 

Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!